Saturday, April 16, 2011

James New Room

As part of our plans to get ready for new baby, we decided that we would move James into a new room and into a big bed.  We were VERY nervous about this, but he did AWESOME.  We started out playing with him in the room and then he took a couple of naps in there and then he stayed all night a couple weeks ago and we just kept going from there. 

He has only gotten "loose" one night and it was really my fault.  I opened his door after he had fallen asleep, because it was so hot in his room last Sunday.  About 3am I heard him say "baby" which he calls all his stuffed animals - and I thought to myself - Man that sounds very clear through that moniter...well he said it a couple more times then he poked Andy and we both shot up in bed.  He was walking around our room, with my underwear (clean by the way) on his head and clutching both Andy's shirt and Morty the Moose who he had left in our room earlier that day.  I scooped him up and tried to explain to him that everyone was sleeping now.  He said yes and nodded his head and I tucked him back in with no problem. 

Andy and I did not go back to sleep that easily -constantly thinking we heard him again, even though I had closed his door.  Scared us to death  - good thing I put the gate up at the top of the stairs when I opened James' door or we could have had a whole other story. As it turns out, only a couple more gray hairs for Mom and Dad.


Theses are not great pictures, but will give you an idea of what Jame's room looks like.  We painted it a sky blue and then put up these wall decals of jungle animals.  It is pretty cool. 

No comments: