Saturday, December 4, 2010

Pregnancy Update

If you have not heard the news, James is going to get a sibling.  I am 12 weeks today and I think that it is going to be fun to track my pregnancy and the interaction between James and my growing belly.  To keep you updated on all that is happening in this pregnancy, I am going to steal an idea from my friend Bev (hope you don't mind Bev) and do a weekly update with the same preggers questions every week and post a picture.  I don' t have a picture this week, but here are the answers to the weekly questions.  Enjoy.

Pregnancy Play-by-play


How Far Along: 12 Weeks today

Size of baby: Baby Garrison or Lou Lu (still don't know girl/boy) is as big as a plum.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Thus far I think that I have gained about 5 pounds, but we will get the official number on Tuesday.

Maternity Clothes: I started wearing my elastic waistband pants again about two weeks after I found out I was pregnant.  For those who know me well, my elastic pants didn't really get much of a break from the last pregnancy to this one, anytime I was feeling bloated or ate a big meal those puppy were on my big behind.  Therefore I have to go TODAY and get new jeans, because my thighs are getting closer and closer to full on lovemaking without any pesky fabric keeping them apart.  I did pop very early though so by 9 weeks I had a definite "bump"
Gender: We will not find this out until the last week of January, first week of Feb, so until then we are in the non-gender phase.  I do find myself using "her" or "she" though.  Wishful thinking I guess.

Movement: I haven't felt anything yet which is not surprising - although I hear you feel things sooner on #2, I didn't feel anything with James until month 6 or 7 so a couple more months before I start feeling the right hooks to my bladder.

Sleep: This is a wierd thing about this pregnancy, things that happened to me at the end last time are happening to me very early this time.  Sleep is one of them, my back is killing me and it is really hard to get comfortable in bed, and I wake up at random hours and sometimes cannot get back to sleep.  Thursday night I was wide awake at 2am and looking for some food.

Cravings: Speaking of food, I am far more nauseated this time, so lots more carbs (which I am not supposed to eat) and chicken sometimes grosses me out.  Also I like chocolate a lot more. 
Symptoms: As I said before I have been having a lot of the "end" symptoms now - for me this means, my sciatic nerve is shooting fire down my leg, I am very achey and having sleep problems.  I have felt more dizzy and "sick" then I did last time to.

Best Moment this week: My best moment will be on Tuesday when I have my appointment and can hear the baby's heartbeat again.  It has been 6 weeks since we saw the doctor last and I always get nervous that something will go wrong in that time.  Although I feel so crappy that something has to be going on in there, right?

1 comment:

Bev Johnston said...

Steal away Sarah... that's what I did! I am so excited that you're doing weekly updates!!! You gotta get on those pictures though!